I just made a new Voki. See it here:

Thursday, August 30, 2012

My Pizza Debacle

Thoughts for today from Amber...

So, tonight I had supper at a pot-zzeria.

Maybe I ought to elaborate on that. You see, Dad and I were going for dinner, and I wanted Italian. So we went over to the Fazoli's in Greenwood, and we noticed a little strip mall behind it where there was a sign that read, "Massey's Pizza." Dad gave me the choice: Fazoli's, or Massey's? I picked Massey's because we'd never been there before and I wanted to try something different. So we walked in and ordered the buffet, paid our tab, and sat down to eat at a table where we could see the Channel 13 news that was on TV. About halfway through the meal, the Channel 13 version of this article came on the news.

For those of you who didn't click the link, that article basically said that owner of the Massey's that we were dining at had been recently arrested for selling marijuana and illegal alcohol out of his pizzaria.

Dad and I froze, looked at each other, then glanced toward the kitchen. I asked him if we should keep eating, and he said that he'd paid for this food and besides, they wouldn't waste their pot by putting it on the pizza anyhow.

When we finished eating, we headed to the car and were intercepted by a sharply dressed man with a microphone. He told up that he was with the Channel 6 news, and asked us if we'd like to comment (apparently he and Dad had seen each other when the news story came on, and shared a moment of wide-eyed panic too). Dad said no, thank you, and off we went.

Oh. My. God. Readers, I have never been more terrified of making eye contact than when the man who took our orders happened to look my way immediately following that news article.

I may never stop hyperventilating.

No comments:

Post a Comment